Wednesday 28 August 2013

Trekking Poles

This summer seems to have flown by so quickly.  I wish I could extend it a few more weeks but school starts next week.  I've been busy trying to organize my time for school.  It's hard to make some decisions to keep certain things and let go of other activities.  Of course, I'd like to keep all of it going but when my school work needs to come first and foremost.  Tomorrow I'm picking up my books to start reading ahead for next week.  I know, I'm a complete nerd! But I'd rather be a little ahead than way behind in my studies.  The next goal I have for myself is to re-do my Knowledge Test for driving before the first day of class.  Well, at least I have another week to do that.  It won't take much either.  I've taken it before and each time I pass with flying colours.  It's just a matter of reviewing the material.  It seems as though I have a few more people in my life now who are willing to help me out with driving practice.  I'm very grateful for that because I'd like to book the road test within the next year and start driving around on my own to places.

Now, that my busy summer is coming to a close, I'm thinking more about preparing for Bust-A-Move (the Breast Cancer Fundraiser).  For most of the summer, I've had ongoing problems with plantar fasciitis and haven't been as active at the gym as I need to be.  [Enter Trekking Poles], yes, you read that correctly.  One of my close friends has let me borrow their trekking poles.  I tried them for the first time today and went for a 30-minute brisk walk non-stop.  It was so nice to go for a walk and not have constant pain in my foot and lower back.  I will be keeping the walking in my daily schedule.  As well, I plan to return to the gym and my aerobics classes once I feel my strength returning.  For now, I am happy walking and maybe I'll use the stationery bikes at the gym.

The other thing that I need to think about is fundraising for the Breast Cancer event. I suppose that means that my teammates and I will need to discuss how to do this together.  It will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment